Home Learning Year 2
Your child can now complete daily set tasks by their teachers to complete on a learning platform called Seesaw which children can access from home. The app allows the teacher to mark and communicate with your child throughout the day. Miss Humphreys and Miss Striplin cannot wait to see some of your fabulous work!
Click the website below to access this learning platform:
We have created learning packs for our children to continue learning from home. We are aware that this work may be difficult to complete in a busy household so have suggested some links for educational games that your children can complete at home on a safe device.
- Aritmetic https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10
- General: https://www.mathshed.com/ free 14 day trial
- Problem solving: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/problem-solving
- Reasoning: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/maths/
- General: https://www.coolmathgames.com/
- Time: https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/116/telling-the-time
- READ, READ AND READ! You could share a story together. This could be a chapter book where you read and discuss a chapter a day.
- Listen to a story online: https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Get your child to read a book on Oxford Owl, discuss what your child enjoyed about the book. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Daily phonics - your child to practice their sounds and blend words. Interactive games found on link below:
- Get your child to read a book on Active learn and complete the activities. These focus on comprehension skills https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
- Practsise your spelling on : https://www.spellingshed.com/
- Take part in a writing masterclass: https://authorfy.com/https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
From Monday 23rd March and for the next two weeks, films will show at the times below and be available for 24 hours.
- Set 1 Speed Sounds at 9.30 am
- Set 2 Speed Sounds at 10.00 am
- Set 3 Speed Sounds at 10.30 am
Invite Parents to use the Oxford Owl:
They just need to set up a login and password. There will be more resources added over the coming days and weeks.
Please go to Ruth Miskin Training homepage>school closure to find updates.
Home Learning Activity Packs
- Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
Additional Educational Websites to Explore
English as Additional Language support