Both schools are required to store, handle and use confidential data realting to the children, parents and employees.
The Data Protection Act 2018 controls how personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the government. The Data Protection Act 2018 allows controls how our Federation uses data.
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Everyone responsible for using personal data has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’. They must make sure the information is:
- used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- used for specified, explicit purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
Data Protection Officer
The data protection officer (DPO) is responsible for overseeing the implementation of this policy, monitoring our compliance with data protection law, and developing related policies and guidelines where applicable.
They will provide an annual report of their activities directly to the governing board and, where relevant, report to the board their advice and recommendations on school data protection issues.
The DPO is also the first point of contact for individuals whose data the school processes, and for the ICO.
The school has an independent data protection officer service supplied by Global Policing Limited. Global Policing is an organisation run by ex-senior police officers who specialise in working with schools and have vast experience of data protection matters. If you have any questions or comments, or wish to make any requests under the Regulations, you should contact them directly:
- Telephone (answerphone) 0161 212 1681
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website www.globalpolicing.co.uk/data