Modern Foreign Languages
At St Chrysostom’s Primary School we believe that the learning of a foreign language provides valuable educational, social and cultural experiences for our children. It helps them to develop communication skills, including key skills of speaking and listening and extends their knowledge of how language works.
Aims and Objectives:
- To introduce children to another language that is enjoyable and fun.
- To develop their speaking and listening skills.
- To lay the foundations for future study.
French is taught in key stage 2, in Summer 2. Each class has lessons which will last for 30 minutes.
- Learning French vocabulary
- Asking and answering questions
- Teaching basic French grammar
- Playing games and learning songs
- Researching and learning about live in France
- Beginning to write phrases and sentences