We work incredibly hard in Year 6, and every moment counts! Below, you can see a typical year 6 weekly timetable. However, across the year, this might change due to enrichment opportunities, topic days and SATs preparation.
- Remember your PE kits on a Thursday.
- Spelling & times table tests on Thursday.
- Reading records will be checked on a Thursday.
In Year 6, we expect the children to be doing 30 minutes of homework every night.
10 minutes each:
- Reading (preferably ask the children questions about what they're reading)
- Practising given spellings and Year 5/6 statutory word lists
- Times table games & practise (Hit the Button and Mathletics are recommended)